Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cold Turkey 2010

With a tagline like "Wobble before you Gobble", how could I resist?  So, I signed up to do a 6k run from the State Capitol Building at 9am on Thanksgiving morning, which is also the day before I leave Salt Lake City to head home for Diardie's birthday and Christmas.  Can't wait.

Click Here to Donate

I am running in aid of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation and hope to raise the modest sum of $100.  I'm a long way off that yet.

For all their talk that "Philanthropy is an American thing; they just don't have the same tradition in Europe", they're a tough group to crack for raising a few bucks out of their own pockets. It's only 'philanthropy', apparently, if someone else (mega-rich) is paying (for everything)! Yet another small cultural difference, I suppose?

No comments:

Post a Comment