Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby-Daddy Bombshell

Conversation overheard in the office today:
W1: I've decided that today's the day I tell Joe* that I'm going to be a mom.
[I'm thinking, 'oh, how sweet! she's going to go home to her husband, or boyfriend, but this is Utah, so probably husband, to tell him they're going to have a baby. There'll be excited hugs and it'll be wonderful... But...]
W2: Really? You haven't told him yet?
W1: Yeah, I'm just going to send him a casual little email.
[Now, this is not the direction I expected the conversation to go]
M1: I thought you weren't going to bother telling him?
W1: Weeeeeelllll, I really don't think it's any of his business. I wasn't going to tell him at all. But today, I just feel like telling him.
Now, I'm no prude, and the way other people choose to live their lives is entirely up to them, but I'm thinking "That's so not a 'casual little email', lady!", oh, and Joe, Mazel Tov!


* Name has been changed - just in case!

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. I really want to know who 'Joe' is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I got the feeling that W1 doesn't really know who 'Joe' is either, so I'm afraid that I can't help you there! :)

    ReplyDelete