Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MehBook

My laptop died this morning and I am still in mourning. (Do you like what I did there? I do enjoy a bit of homophony of an evening!) Anyway, it's all very sad. A memorial service will be held in due course. Family flowers only. Donations to the 'Sinead still needs to eat, despite having to buy a new laptop' fund.

The 'silver lining' in this scenario is that I am now the rather bemused owner of a brand spanking new MacBook Pro, or as I'm finding so far, a MehBook. I'm sure that once I get used to its little foibles, get some software installed (that's proving to be unreasonably tricky, grrr!), figure out how to type euro-symbols and put fadas on my e, and generally get to grips with it I will become a convert to the mainstream cult of the Apple. Until then, I still say 'Meh!'

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the cult. You can bug me for tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gather congratulations may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have software and know how to do this: € and é, and also ¢.
    Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete